|Age||A lot, but not really|
Russian - native
English - (upper?) intermediate
Japanese - basic
|Occupation||PHP Developer - 2020-|
- December 23, 1998 - Sega Dreamcast is released and a certain kid is born.
- sometime in 2004 - first interaction with a PC in a lab my dad worked at.
- sometime in 2005 - met my best friend in a sandbox near our apartment block.
- sometime in 2006 - first home PC! CD games, dial-up Internet connection, you know the drill.
- sometime in 2012 - wrote my first program in BASIC as part of our school IT curriculum.
- May 19 - June 2, 2018 - was a volunteer at the FIFA World Cup - oh, the good times - one of the best experiences of my life!
- June 8, 2020 - first day on my first job.
I work full-time as a Backend PHP developer with some frontend thrown in. I have a boring but big list of hobbies, including:
I enjoy it so much! I'm a mere dilettante and an amateur, but I just love taking photos of things and editing them. I use a Canon point-and-shoot camera for "normal" photography and my old Nokia 6300 for digital "lo-fi" photography, and Pentax Espio 60s for film photography.Languages
I enjoy reading about various languages of the world; both the linguistic theory and stories about
how languages affect people and culture.
Currently I'm learning Japanese (for almost 2 years, though mostly it's been repeating the old stuff I learned in order to not forget it because I don't have a lot of time :'( ). At school I also studied German from 5th to 9th grade, but I forgot a good part of it :'(.
Other languages I'm not studying but am interested in are Basque, Dutch and the Finno-Ugric languages (especially the nearly-extinct languages such as Karelian, Veps etc.)
Who doesn't love them? My personal favorites are the Persona series, Ace Attorney series, STEINS;GATE, Fallout: New Vegas, Sonic Adventure, Flatout 2, 3D-era Grand Theft Auto games, Tony Hawk series and many more, but my all-time favorite game is... Need for Speed: Underground 2!Reading
Reading :D 'nuff said. All-time Favorites:
- Three Men in a Boat, by Jerome K. Jerome
- O. Henry's short stories
- The Treasure of the Sierra Madre by B. Traven
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
I rarely watch anything (I find it much more enjoyable to read rather than to watch), but I do watch anime from time to time.
Favorites: STEINS;GATE (again :P), 5 centimeters per second (these two are my only 10/10s), Initial D (my first anime),
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Hibike! Euphonium
Currently watching (on hold): Kimagure Orange Road
Watching it, not doing it myself ~(￣▽￣)~*
I'm big on ice hockey, ski jumping, biathlon and winter sports in general. Also sometimes I watch football (rooting for Team Iceland on Euro 2016 while being a fan since 2012 - great, sweet memories), but really I love watching just about any sports events I happen to stumble upon.
Favotite teams and athletes:
- Ice hockey: New York Islanders, San Jose Sharks
- Ski jumping: Noriaki Kasai, Mackenzie Boyd-Clowes, Yukiya Sato, Team Russia
- Biathlon: Team Canada, Team USA, Team Austria
- Football: Team Iceland, Team Faroe Islands, Basque teams (Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Eibar, Alaves)
Not much to say about this one. I can't draw :D
Yet I still do it sometimes; recently I've picked up a messy 1-bit style and I really like it!
Wow, thank you for reading this far! This truly makes me happy! I hope you will find something interesting on my website :^)